Pain, swelling, heat, numbness, restricted movement, symptoms of physical impairments range from merely painful and inconvenient to debilitating and life limiting.
Our advanced SFMA™ training has equipped us with the expertise to get to the root cause of your problem.
The Assessment Determines the Strategy
Having identified the source of your problem, we tailor a therapeutic strategy of carefully selected manual therapies and therapeutic exercise.
The number and frequency of your treatments will depend on the severity of your injury/dysfunction. While every injury is different we find that the average number of visits for a moderate injury tends to fall between 4 and 8 treatments.
Retest and Evaluate
Your pain is gone, but how do we know if it’s just dormant?
We evaluate your recovery at the beginning of every treatment by retesting your movement patterns. By comparing the updated results against your SFMA™ assessment we know exactly how your recovery is progressing and what, if any, adjustments we should make to your therapeutic program.
The most common problems we see:
- Lower back (lumbar spine) pain, or spinal issues
- Sciatica pain (buttock area pain, possibly shooting down a leg)
- Knee pain
- Neck (cervical spine) pain
- Shoulder/arm pain
- Sprained joints: such as ankles, knees, wrists
- Post-surgical symptoms such as pain, swelling, or altered movement patterns
- Sports injuries
- Pelvic and sacroiliac area symptoms
- Posture-related problems
- Thoracic spine and rib cage area pain or discomfort.
- and more…
Our therapeutic strategies include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation and treatment techniques of peripheral joints
- Manual therapy and treatment techniques of the vertebral spine’s joints
- Exercise Prescription
- Mulligan Concept techniques
- Soft tissue work
- Shirley Sahrmann techniques
- Manual Therapy
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) (opens new website)