The practice of Kinesiology is the assessment of movement, performance and function – and the rehabilitation, prevention and management of disorders to maintain, rehabilitate or enhance movement, performance and function – in the areas of sport, recreation, work, exercise, and activities of daily living – www.kinesiologue.com (opens new website)
In practical terms Eric Arseneau, head of Sportmed’s Kinesiology department, uses exercise to help clients:
- Improve their health,
- Recover physical function after surgery or injury
- Feel better mentally and emotionally (link to CRVNews.com, opens in new window)
- Maximize their physical strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular performance
- Train for athletic competition
- Prepare for the challenge of manual labour
What do you need?
“The will to succeed without the will to prepare properly, is insufficient.” – Eric Arseneau
Physical Assessment & Exercise Plan
During your 90 minute assessment, Eric will measure, evaluate your:
- heart rate
- blood pressure
- height, weight, waist measurements
- body fat percentage
- cardiovascular fitness
- physical mobility, stability, motor control
- functional movement patterns
- sport specific testing (competitive athletes)
and use your results to design an effective exercise plan that will meet your objectives.
Fitness is an intrinsic part of being healthy.
If you want to get back in shape, but don’t know where or how to start, JumpStart may be just what you’re looking for:
- a comprehensive physical assessment
- a customized exercise program
- and SIX one-on-one personal training sessions to make sure you’re on the right track.
If you need a little guidance to keep you on the straight and narrow, Eric will work with you one-on-one or with a small group of you and your friends
We know budget matters, so to help you with your planning our prices are listed here.