- Mount Allison University
- Université de Moncton
- Atlantic College of Therapeutic Massage
Registered Massage Therapist
- Craniosacral Basic Elements 1
- Rocktape + Blades
Why did you get into this line of work?
“My personal and previous sports injuries have driven my passion to help the community manage their injuries. Being part of a client’s healing process and helping them achieve their personal goals is very gratifying.”
What brought you to Sportmed?
“My journey with SportMed started in 2010. After shattering my ankle in hockey practice and going through surgery, I was referred to Sportmed by the surgeon to do physio for my ankle.
Years later, I’m offered a position here with the added incentive of working with high-performance athletes – was opportunity impossible to pass up.”
Do you have a specialty?
“I have a lot of success using applied myofascial release to improve range of movement, muscle function and reduce pain.”
Now, let’s get to know the man outside of the treatment room…
What do you like to do in your spare time?
“Well, it basically comes down to three things:
- Learning. I like to read and take courses that increase my knowledge and understanding of the human body and further my expertise in my work.
- Sports. Since I was a kid hockey has been my primary sport – I played competitively up to Junior B and in the off-season, I played soccer and baseball. Now I play in a men’s recreational hockey league and competitive ball hockey.
- Coffee. A coffee lover since day one, it would be a dream come true to travel to Italy, France, Belgium, New Zealand, Australia… to taste what each country has to offer in a cup of coffee.”
And your non-work passions?
“Good coffee, Hockey, Baseball, Food, Music, Yoga, Dogs.”