Name: Marcel Melanson B.Sc. Kin, B.Sc. PT
Hometown: Moncton, New Brunswick
High School: Mathieu Martin High School (2001)
Joined Sportmed: 2009
- 2005 Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology Université de Moncton (U de M)
- 2009 Bachelor in Health Sciences, Physiotherapy Université Laval
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Advanced – is the medical movement assessment designed for the patient who, suffering from pain and dysfunction, requires a comprehensive treatment protocol. This series of 7 full-body movement tests is designed to assess fundamental patterns of movement such as bending and squatting in those with known musculoskeletal pain to identify the site of injury.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Level II
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified (TPI) Medical Professional (Level 3) – TPI certified health professionals are trained to perform a golf-specific physical examination and design a customized workout program to improve a golfer’s overall performance.
- Shirley Sahrmann – In this course participants learn how to identify faulty alignment, movement patterns and muscle imbalances using observation of movement, muscle length, and strength testing. Mechanical musculoskeletal pain can be alleviated and prevented by restoring optimal alignment and appropriate movement patterns.
- The Mulligan Concept – This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with painless manual joint “repositioning” techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
- Attended the World Golf Fitness Summit in Carlsbad, California (2014)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization – Level A
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization – Exercise
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Introduction – for balance, dizziness and vertigo issues.
What the Sportmed team says about Marcel
- “Marcel’s a true professional. He treats clients with great care.”
- “I love working with him. He has a great, dry sense of humor. What you see is what you get.”
- “He’s a really good clinician.”
- “Definitely a sports enthusiast! He loves golf and hockey. A true Habs fan.”
- “We laugh and joke all the time I love working with him.”
- “Marcel loves to be involved in positive experiences.”
- “He’s always there when I want a second opinion.”
- “Marcel was a huge help to me when a did my last placement at the clinic.”
- “Work is definitely the most important thing for Marcel (after golf, being a Montreal Canadien fan…)”
- “Marcel’s a big kid! He makes working late fun! Incredibly open to Massage Therapy as part of rehabilitation. We work very well together.”